Does anyone know when 3.4 was first introduced?

How about when the Workplace (3.11) was introduced?

There's a lack of credibility when people talk about 3.4 as an example
of using new features.

As to panels that pop up to tell me about new features, I find them
to be rather annoying.  If they tell only about the changes since the
last release, they are of little value.  How many of us migrate to
every new release?  If they go back to far, there is too much
repetition.  The time for me to effectively learn new features is not
when I begin using the tool for a particular purpose.  I need to
explore the tool when I have a little more free time.  Maybe
it's just me....

On Thu, 18 May 2006 16:12:56 +0000, Dave Salt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>>In <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, on 05/15/2006
>>    at 08:49 PM, Dave Salt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:
>>
>> >My experience is that 90% of programmers use the upgraded ISPF/PDF
>> >interface  almost immediately after the new option is added to their
>> >ISPF menu. The other 10% eventually come around, just as they
>> >eventually came around to using ISPF option 3.4. Human nature is
>> >such that if a tool is not only far more powerful than whatever they
>> >were using before, but is also far easier to use, inertia is quickly
>> >overcome.
>
>>From: "Shmuel Metz (Seymour J.)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>>That's not my experience; I've seen all too many programmers ignoring
>>useful ISPF enhancements for many releases. In some cases they will
>>try them once they see[1] me using them, but in other cases they won't
>>because it's not what they're used to.
>>

>I think that's the key; the user has to 'see' the new
command/feature/option