>means we have to have the conversion complete by Oct 2, 2006, not just the
>purchase.  Has anyone encountered a different opinion?  I had assumed we could
>buy the downgrade and install it at a later time. Has anyone looked at  buying
>an upgrade for installation after 10/2/2006?  Any advice?

Take a look at some of the pricing options by upgrading to a z/990 (or a z/9).
If you know how to negotiate, you may be able to get the same capacity for a
smaller price, including IBM software.
This won't work well for us, since we are outsourced, but talk to your rep!

-
-teD

300,000 Kilometres per Second
Not only is it a good idea!