Don't you just turn off an engine to downgrade a 105 to a 104?

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Gibbons, Mark
Sent: Monday, May 22, 2006 12:48 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: z900 model conversions

We were hoping to downgrade our z900 from a 105 to 104 in January of
2007.  IBM has told us that the announcement:

Effective June 30, 2006, IBM will withdraw all models of the IBM
zSeries(r) 900 (2064) and all upgrades from Parallel Enterprise Servers
Generation 5 (9672), Parallel Enterprise Servers Generation 6 (9672),
and IBM  zSeries 800 (2066) to z900 (2064). Model conversions within the
z900 and MES features on the z900 will continue to be available until
October 2, 2006. After October 2, 2006, model conversions within the
z900 will be withdrawn.

On or after the effective dates of withdrawal, you can no longer order
these products directly from IBM.

means we have to have the conversion complete by Oct 2, 2006, not just
the purchase.  Has anyone encountered a different opinion?  I had
assumed we could buy the downgrade and install it at a later time. Has
anyone looked at  buying an upgrade for installation after 10/2/2006?
Any advice?

Thanks,
  Mark