Don Imbriale said:
> Whenever I hear vendor claims like "Since the product is LE compliant,
> it cannot write into a dataset that has been generated by the IEFBR14
> utility", I insist that they provide specific references to
> documentation from IBM that describes that particular behavior.
Usually
> they cannot, so I make them aware of the error of their ways.

And do ya say "Liar liar, pants on fire"? You should.

IEFBR14 is a two instruction program. It does not do ANYTHING but return
with a zero condition code. z/OS allocation creates the datasets
referenced in the JCL. IEFBR14 is just used as a dummy program to get
allocation to do its thing. LE has nothing whatsoever to do with it. A
dataset is a dataset is a dataset.

CC