Some more benefits not previously mentioned:

1. More LPARs available (if you go past the R07 model).
2. More granular capacity increments.
3. HiperSockets (for fast in-memory cross-LPAR TCP/IP connections).
4. Although speculative, probably there will be an easier in-place upgrade
to a future model.
5. Intelligent Resource Director (IRD) available.
6. Lower cost, faster, and more numerous IFLs (up to 6 on the A01 model).
7. Expansion up to 64 GB memory (and probably lower cost).
8. Capacity On Demand.

I think the call home feature is also a difference -- I think.

- - - - -
Timothy F. Sipples
Consulting Enterprise Software Architect, z9/zSeries
IBM Japan, Ltd.
E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]