I forgot who the original poster of this was, but when you said you had an unused IFL engine, did you mean there was an IFL engine on your machine that was just there, and if you used it you would then have to pay extra, or was it an IFL that you actually paid for or IBM threw in the deal when you got the machine? Just curious.

Eric Bielefeld
Sr. z/OS Systems Programmer
Milwaukee Wisconsin
414-475-7434

----- Original Message ----- From: "Timothy Sipples" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Re: the "unused" IFL, could I suggest a use for it? If you have DB2, and
you have ODBC or JDBC access to it, it's almost always a really, really
good idea to put DB2 Connect on mainframe Linux.  Just makes so much sense
in nearly all such situations.

There are other possibilities, but that's as close to a no-brainer as it
gets.

Sorry for the digression.

- - - - -
Timothy F. Sipples
Consulting Enterprise Software Architect, z9/zSeries
IBM Japan, Ltd.
E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]