I'm not disagreeing, just emphasizing your point: Other-platform folk happily proceed with projects whose problems they can't anticipate and (maybe) solve the problems later. Mainframers are better at seeing problems with proposed projects. And it's the mainframers who need their attitudes adjusted, not the other-platform folk who management thinks should do better project analysis.
Sad but likely true. I've worked in no-bad-news settings where messengers
bearing unhappy news had a poor survival rate.

Marian Gasparovic <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

If you come with an idea of new application or solution, people from
other platform see no problem, mainframe people show what are
pitfalls. I don't say it is bad, I know it is because of their
responsibility and experience to see the problems way ahead, but
unfortunately today's market doesn't work this way. Everybody wants
everything as fast as possible, problems are solved later, during
production. Yes, it is totaly wrong, but it is reality.

--
Gabriel Goldberg, Computers and Publishing, Inc.          (703) 204-0433
3401 Silver Maple Place, Falls Church, VA 22042        [EMAIL PROTECTED]