>I use DYNALLOC to allocate a dataset. I know the size of each record and
the number of records, so I can compute the >number of bytes necessary.

>However, the only DYNALLOC text units for a space unit seem to be TRKS
and CYLS. Did I overlook something ? Or do I >need to do the math myself,
converting the # of bytes to the appropriate # of tracks ? Is this what
ISPF 3.2 does >internally, too ? Is there a service to do the computation
?

DALBLKLN - specifies tehaverage data block length