Dennis McCarthy wrote:

Is there any down side to increaseing the ECSA? We have a 2086-320 with 4gb CS on the production LPAR. It currently looks like this:

CSA=(2000,64000)

DISPLAY STORAGE: A (B=BELOW A=ABOVE T=TOTAL) CSA SIZE: 63M DATA FORMAT: P (K=KBYTES P=PERCENT) CSA FREE: 8.3%

I increased it on the test LPAR (about 3gb CS):

CSA=(2000,1000000)

and it looks like this:

DISPLAY STORAGE: A (B=BELOW A=ABOVE T=TOTAL)     CSA SIZE:      977M
DATA FORMAT:     P (K=KBYTES P=PERCENT)          CSA FREE:     96.5%

The only disadvantage is reduced private area above the bar. It can be a problem or not - it depends. It is more likely to have problems, when CSA (below the line) is too big.
BTW: Why don't you increase ECSA *slightly* ?

My $0.02

--
Radoslaw Skorupka
Lodz, Poland