Doc Farmer wrote:
Looking for programs/suggestions on how to generate a daily report of ZAP
activity for auditor or management review.  I thought about using the
program name(s) for ZAP programs and running ICETOOLs, but I'd like to
catch the actual ZAP activity in the event the program names are changed.

You could try Thierry Falissard's SMFJOBS from file 432 from www.cbttape.org. I have used it previously and have changed it to report on the SMF 30 type 4 records to identify specific program usage.

However, if the zap program name has been changed or your user can code an update in place then you are sadly out of luck. So then you would have to audit dataset updates, Michael Cleary's File 94 from the same place would help in that case.

If you have SAS and MXG at your shop you could use the PDB.STEPS to identify users of zap programs. MXG can also be used to identify users who have updated specific files but this is not normally saved in a PDB. I haven't done this myself but you could probably correlate the dataset updated by the specific zap program using MXG.

My temptation would be to ask the auditors/management to provide specifications as to exactly what they require.

Regards, Paul Gillis