Charles and Ed:

One small observation: Don't load the program or you will have security
issues to deal with and those (RYO) issues invite auditors.

Use Locate, OBTAIN, and then get the TTR of the module, without loading.
No library or no TTR, then it's not there. (And, no 806 Abend.)  That will
pass the auditor's review and the security subsystem will not cut audit
records because there was no "LOAD" or "LINK" executed. (OPERATIONS
attribute may be necessary!)

Rob Weiss

IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU> wrote on 06/12/2006
02:57:35 PM:

> On Jun 12, 2006, at 12:46 PM, Charles Mills wrote:
>
> > It's a "problem" that really has no answer.
> >
> > Suppose a program attempts to load a user exit
> > module, and finding none,considers this a normal
> > condition and proceeds normally. Is that a
> > "missing program" condition? If not, how would an
> > "analysis" logically distinguish it from a missing > > module that was
a problem?

> > I think I might be inclined to approach this from
> > the other direction by waiting for S806 (is that
> > right?) ABENDs to occur > > and then investigating > > them.
> >
> > Charles
> Charles,
>
> Good point. I had discounted that because of the
> original request was at best ambiguous (IMO), so I
> figured if the boss didn't know the issues before he > would probably get
less than a perfect report from a