After reading about the offshoring failure, I had another question about offshoring. Does anyone know of a company that has actually moved their computers to another country, and offshored the whole shootin match? I'm thinking mostly MVS sites, but other large operations such as Unix sites could also be done this way.

I know many large companies such as IBM have computers in the countries they do business in. I'm not counting that as offshoring, as I'm sure they use the computers in other countries to support their business in those countries. I'm talking about offshoring to say India, or Malaysia, where the company doesn't have any business presence there.

Personally, I think any company that put their computers and data in another country where they didn't have a business presence - I wouldn't want to do business with them.

Eric Bielefeld
Sr. z/OS Systems Programmer
Milwaukee Wisconsin
414-475-7434