From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Behalf Of Shmuel Metz (Seymour J.)
Sent: Thursday, June 15, 2006 7:17 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Default permission bits on USS files

In <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, on 06/15/2006
   at 01:10 PM, Tony Harminc <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

>but it is possible (indeed trivial and routine) to
>configure permissions on a Windows directory so that files created
>within it inherit permissions from it. Is it really not possible to
>do this in UNIX?

Is that what she is asking for, or does she want to control the
permission specifically for files transferred with FTP? I read her
message as requesting the latter, in which case she might not be
amused if other programs started creating files with the wrong
permission  bits. Also, is she asking about the permissions on the PC
or on MVS?

Attention:
The information contained in this message and or attachments is intended
is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and
delete the material from any system and destroy any copies.