It's a long, long time since I've used it but take a look at the TRKCALC macro.

It's well documented within SYS1.MACLIB(TRKCALC).

From: Charles Mills <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Track capacity?
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2006 10:13:17 -0700

Where can I find 3390 track capacity tables or formulas? I haven't done this
in so long I think the last time I did this it was for a 2314.

Specifically, I am trying to figure out:

- If the DD statement says SPACE=(605,(4640,580)) how many tracks will have
been allocated (primary and each secondary)?

- If the program actually wrote 121-byte blocks (yes, I know) how many of
those would fit on a track?

Thanks,

Charles Mills
+1-707-291-0908