Well, I guess this qualifies as "progress":

234 SSL enabled and waiting for negotiation
FC0681 authServer: secure_socket_open()
FC0748 authServer: secure_socket_init()
******************************** BOTTOM OF DATA

Two new messages before "siesta"....

> Also, you can add
> PARM=('ENVAR("GSK_TRACE=0XFFFF")/-r tls') to turn on GSK
> tracing.

Where does that trace get written?

> The part I had the most trouble with was getting a
> copy of the server's certificate connected to my keyring.

Oh, joy.  I don't even have a copy of their cert yet....

And I'm "ass.u.me"-ing that I don't need GSKSRVR running to capture the
trace....

    -jc-