I think the short answer to this question is that the remainder of the
path is 'hard coded' in the SMPE application, analogous to a traditional
MVS application that allows you to provide data set name high level
qualifier(s) that fit your environment while expecting a predefined set of
low level qualifiers.

A more cogent point is that after installing IO01770/UO00254 you may need
to add another statement to your CLIENT section to specify where Java
lives:

<CLIENT
  classpath="/usr/lpp/smp/classes"
  javahome="/usr/lpp/java/J1.4">
</CLIENT>

After I installed this fix, the job failed with a message that Java could
not be found. My Java had not moved, but the /etc Java home definition was
no longer honored.

.
.
JO.Skip Robinson
Southern California Edison Company
SHARE MVS Program Co-Manager
626-302-7535 Office
323-715-0595 Mobile
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Jasen Kloeppel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU>
06/28/2006 12:37 PM
Please respond to
IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU>

IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
cc

Subject
SMPE question RECEIVE ORDER

We are using RECEIVE ORDER here and it is working fine.  I am trying to
understand how one piece of this works and have not been able to find any
documentation to explain it.

Basically we have CLASSPATH set to /usr/lpp/smp/classes as the
documentation
states.  The actual class files being looked for by the job are in
/usr/lpp/smp/classes/com/ibm/smp.  What I don't understand is how SMP
knows
to look beyond /usr/lpp/smp/classes for the class files.

What is telling SMPE to append com.ibm.smp.GIMJVCLT to the classpath
variable, in the example below?  I know what was causing this error, it
was
while investigating this error that I realized I didn't understand how it
was finding the GIMJVCLT file, which is what I am trying to understand.

SAMPLE OUTPUT ==>

DATE 06/28/06  TIME 13:52:27            ORDERSERVER Data           SMP/E
34.06

  <ORDERSERVER
    url="https://eccgw01.boulder.ibm.com/services/projects/ecc/ws/";
    keyring="ShopZseries"
    certificate="SMPE Client Certificate">
  </ORDERSERVER>

  <CLIENT
     classpath="/usr/lpp/smp/classes">
  </CLIENT>

DATE 06/28/06  TIME 13:52:32         SMP/E GIMJVCLT OUTPUT         SMP/E
34.06

-c java -cp /usr/lpp/smp/classes com.ibm.smp.GIMJVCLT