My question would be are the original page data sets defined in IEASYS00. If
they are that would explain why they are being picked up, as any SYSP parameter
suppled at IPL is not an override but is appended to IEASYS00, at least that
has been my understanding reinforced by Ed Finnell's post containing the
extract manual.
Apparently the PAGE parm is an exception.  The Init and Tuning Ref says

"During system initialization, the system first uses the list of page data sets specified on the PAGE parameter of the IEASYS00 parmlib member. It then uses any other IEASYSxx parmlib member (identified via the SYSP=xx parameter). The IEASYSxx PAGE data set name list overrides the one in IEASYS00."

--
Bruce A. Black
Senior Software Developer for FDR