From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Bruno Sugliani
Sent: Wednesday, July 05, 2006 4:00 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Dump Reading (was Re: LSQA shortage)

On Wed, 5 Jul 2006 13:48:22 -0500, Mark Zelden
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Me, I read dumps only when I have to.   I look at enough to find out
>if the abend is in IBM code or an ISV's code.  Then I ship the dump to
>them after a search on ibm-link or vendor problem data base if one is
>available.  That is "today's sysprog" - like or not.
>The sad part is that most sysprogs I have worked with can't even get
>that far with a dump (SHARE IPCS classes should be req'd for all
>sysprogs who are not familiar with the basics!).

I guess we are still some people around reading dumps and not being
ISV's :-)) Hello  Barbara ?
I guess having done that for a living in our former life , helps a lot
but like Mark , now it is only when we need to .
<grin>
Bruno
Bruno(dot)sugliani(at)groupemornay(dot)asso(dot)fr

email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO Search
the archives at http://bama.ua.edu/archives/ibm-main.html

This e-mail may contain confidential or privileged information.  If
you think you have received this
e-mail in error, please advise the sender by reply
e-mail and then delete this e-mail immediately.  Thank you.  Aetna