In a recent note, Edward Jaffe said:

> Date:         Thu, 6 Jul 2006 15:15:35 -0700
>
> > This change is unwelcome;
>
> Not according to our customers! :-)

Why would anyone welcome a change that merely diminishes
function?

(Of course I'm free to make a private assessment of your
customers' cognitive capacities that you could never utter
publicly.)

I checked your website; (E)JES is your product; I had been
unaware of that (or had forgotten).  I'm accustomed to getting
a JCL error when I specify DISP=NEW and the data set preexists.
Do you avoid this by making Type 1 changes to allocation, or
is the "DISP=NEW" an operand of an (E)JES subcommand rather than
a JCL DD statement operand?

And does there remain a construct for specifying that the
programmer requires a new library, not merely a new member
of an existing library?

-- gil
--
StorageTek