See below.

Bruce McKnight wrote:

New info:

I must have missed the old info, sorry. So what follows might not be terribly helpful.

I finally found a book with the ICP messages.

The ICP400I indicates either that the CPC does not support ICP IOCP or
the IOCP level is not correct for the CPC.  It then referred me to the
Summary of Changes.

The job output indicates that I am running Version 1 Release 1.0 and
gives me a return code of 09, which again indicates the IOCP is the
wrong version for the CPC.

There are a couple of possibilities. What program name are you using for IOCP? (As a side note, why aren't you using HCD? Or are you, but getting these messages when you try to activate the changes using HCD?)

I'm in WAY over my head now.

The only things that have occurred since last July are
1.  The os was converted from OS/390 2.10 to z/OS 1.4

Is this the *first* I/O configuration change since then? You DID get z/OS R4 with the z990 Compatibility Support or the z990 Exploitation Support feature, right? Also, the PSP bucket calls for OA06464 if you're exploiting certain features.

<snip>

Questions:
1.  Could the microcode maintenance have done some upgrade to the CPC
that renders the IOCP read/write invalid?
2.  I thought the IOCP would be part of the z/OS BCP.  If not, how do I
get the version I need?

It's part of z/OS, in a separate FMID (HIO1104, if memory serves; definitely HIOsomething). But it's updated (or replaced) via PTF from time to time.

3.  Could I offload the IOCDS to a diskette and load it via the SE like
we did when we first installed the box?

Yes. But it's much less convenient than getting the batch program (or HCD!) to work in the first place.

HELP!

Much thanks in advance.  (BTW - I'm still not sure if my posts are
hitting the email part of this list.)

Your posts are going to Usenet and not to the list (which is shadowed on Usenet). To get them posted to the list, you have to send them to the _list_ server (ibm-main@bama.ua.edu), not to your _news_ server. See the instructions pointed to at the bottom of this post for information about how to do that.

Happy Friday!

--
John Eells
z/OS Technical Marketing