I have fowarded this to the real IBM-Mail list. You may want to subscribe and post to the list server. You will get many more reponses.
For instructions and to register for the list:

        http://bama.ua.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=ibm-main&A=1

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Hi,

We have a parallel sysplex environment running on a z/800. We've used
all 15 LPARs supported by the Hardware, CPU and memory are max'ed out
and we need more physical resources. If we buy another (used) z/800 (we
are also considering an upgrade to a z9 but budget is an issue), can we
have the same sysplex spread across both z/800's sharing the CPUs and
memory and use the LPARs on the new z/800 to add more systems to the
same existing sysplex? If so, what needs to happen? Can anyone point me
to any literature that I could use as a guide? Currently we have ICF
setup in 2 LPARs and two processors shared by all 15 LPARs.

Thanks very much in advance,

Tullio.