You can use OCOPY from a batch job, but I would suggest that you look at FTPS (FTP using SSL). It is real FTP and support MVS datasets.

We implmented SFTP and are now attempting to convert our last two customers to FTPS. I am sure there may be other ways, but we had to schedule a task via CRON to check the inbound directories every minute to see if a file came and and then kick of the processing. It is not pretty.

Using FTPS you can use whatever you are using for normal FTP. In fact you can have the same server support both SSL and non-SSL FTP sessions or you can force it to only accecpt SSL'ed connections.

Josef Berger wrote:
Hello all,
we plan to replace FTP with SSH SFTP. SSH SFTP work with unix files, not MVS datasets. Connection initiated by another server into the mainframe stores the file in a Unix HFS file. Does anyone now work arouns to start a batch job, after the file was stored in Unix HFS ?. Is OPC Trigger a possible solution ?. I'm unclear if it support Open Edition unix files ?.
regards
Josef