Jim McAlpine wrote:
>Can someone point me to a url for the latest version of the above along
with
>some installation instructions.

There is a CVS for z/OS (server and client) available here:

http://cvsmvs.dccmn.com

along with information on a mailing list discussing this version.  This is
Version 1.11.0.5.  The current version is 1.11.22, and the source code for
that version is available here:

http://ftp.gnu.org/non-gnu/cvs/source/stable/

if you'd like to merge the two and create a new, updated z/OS version. I
would recommend letting the CVS MVS group know of your efforts and
contribute back to this open source community if you do take this step.

You will need zFS (or HFS) file space to run CVS for z/OS.

Another option is mainframe Linux. Most Linux distributions include CVS.

I should also point out that everyone who has z/OS (or OS/390) also has IBM
SCLM.

Hope that helps!

- - - - -
Timothy F. Sipples
Consulting Enterprise Software Architect, z9/zSeries
Tokyo (Serving IBM Japan and IBM Asia-Pacific)
E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]