> I am looking for the RMF report(s) where I can find out how much CPU
time
> my system (2066-0A2 w/8 GB) to perform paging. I am trying to
determine
> how much CPU I will "get back" if we buy more memory.
> WAS on z is involved ;>)

I am not aware of any specific RMF report that gives you what you want.
You can make some estimates but that's about all, because there is a
non-linear relationship between paging and throughput.

That said, you can get page rates and paging response times from RMF and
make a fairly informed estimate of potential improvements in throughput
and responsiveness for % improvements (reductions) in the demand page-in
rate. The back of an envelope is as good a place as any for the
calculation of how much benefit per unit increase in memory capacity.

If you're not seeing significant paging delays and high demand page-in
rates, you may not have a problem that more memory will really help.
Other kinds of paging also takes up cpu time and competes for ASM
resources, but does not really impact responsiveness much.

If you are storage and cpu constrained, then adding memory will
typically increase the total system service rate, but without
necessarily lowering the cpu utilization much, if any.

CC