Craig,

I may be wrong, but I don't think there is an RMF report that tells you how much CPU is used by paging. Obviously, you can tell just how many pages per second you are doing. Someone may have a rule of thumb that says that for X processor, so many pages per second equals 1% of the processor.

It might help if you told us just how many pages per second you are doing, and how many paging devices you have. If you are running at 100% CPU utilization, adding memory will certainly buy pack a small percent of CPU. If you are running less than 100%, the lower page rate may drive up the processor usage to 100% because you are not waiting for paging.

At any rate, memory is getting cheaper all the time, and you would be wise to buy more. If budgeting for more memory is tight, you can probably find something on the used market.

Eric Bielefeld
Sr. z/OS Systems Programmer
Milwaukee Wisconsin
414-475-7434

----- Original Message ----- From: "Craig Dudley" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Hi,
I am looking for the RMF report(s) where I can find out how much CPU time
my system (2066-0A2 w/8 GB) to perform paging. I am trying to determine
how much CPU I will "get back" if we buy more memory.
WAS on z is involved ;>)
Thanks
--
Craig Dudley