On Thu, 3 Aug 2006 08:03:48 +0100, Mark Wilson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>After the normal scheduled re-IPL of the LPAR we could not connect using
the VIPA, but could use the physical addresses that relate to the OSA ports.

>Reloading the TCP/IP stack didn't fix the problem and eventually we had to
close TCP/IP and inactivate the SNA major nodes (that use the OSA) to
enable the OSA chps to be varied OFF/ON.

>This fixed the problem.

I've run into a similar problem. I use OSPF via OMPROUTE (using a Stub
Area) to enable my Static VIPA. The VTAM displays of the OSA TRLEs looked
good, the TCPIP device displays showed my VIPA and OSA devices were OK.
However, OMPROUTE showed that it had trouble connecting to the rest of its
neighbors.

We found out later that 1 (out of 2) OSAs was flaky. Once that was
addressed, OMPROUTE initialized properly. BTW, during this problem, just
like you, we could connect to z/OS using the physical IP address of the the
working OSA interface.

You may want to check the log or messages in your OMPROUTE (or OROUTED)
during your incident.

Ed R.