From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf
Of Stephen M. Wiegand
Sent: 05 August 2006 22:49
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Google Trends

At 10:32 PM 08/04/2006, you wrote:
>This beta Google service is interesting:
>
>   http://www.google.com/trends
>
>Type in something like Mainframe or JCL and see where the
>searches come from.

It comes as no surprise that if you type in mainframe you see the top
7 cities where searches originate are all in India.  Number 8 is in
Chile, number 9 Dallas and number 10 Vancouver.  Oddly, China is
nowhere in the top 10.  Maybe the Chinese censors are blocking
Google.  I know they have their own Google, so another possibility is
the "tends" site doesn't capture data from that Google.