Steve,

>What is it you need to do once it ends? Do *you* just need to know that
>it has run? Do you need to do something once it runs? Do you need to
>know how it completed?

Well, currenty I "only" need to submit the job and need the information that
it ended.

But I guess in the near future I need more: is it running, which step and
how it ended/abended.

I could use the internal reader, but the problem is that I don't get back
the Jobid of the job and so I can't check (even not by looking into SDSF) if
the submitted job has started.....

bye,
Michael