Tony Wiggett wrote:
Have toyed with the idea of changing from Basic Sysplex with GRS Ring to a
Star configuration. Don't really want to do it using our General CP's. We
have  an IFL engine sitting there doing nothing. Has anyone ever got IBM to
'convert' it ie twiddle the magic screwdriver. I enquired and they wanted to
charge us to do it. I thought it was a bit rude. I know it's not their fault
that we haven't used the IFL but even so we did have to pay for it. I
thought of 'customer relations' and 'good will' but I guess they don't exist
any more......

I don't know what kind of processor you have, but on our z800 there is no "magic screwdriver" to turn. The ICF and IFL are one and the same! I switched from ICF to IFL simply by removing a CP resource from the CF LPAR and adding it to the Linux-only LPAR.

--
Edward E Jaffe
Phoenix Software International, Inc