On Aug 19, 2006, at 1:46 PM, Robert Justice wrote:

Yes, I am kidding, check my previous posts on datacom for exactly (well, maybe not exactly, this is a public forum after all), how I feel about it. .

datacom, the database of choice for large corporations like enron and worldcom

I have pretty much the same opinion as you. I still can't believe that CA insist that they run their DB. My information might be old so have they relaxed that requirement?

When I was at a small-medium size company they brought in DBA's to advise us on which DB to bring in and of course they choose *other* db. They stuck with it for about 15 years and then they decided to switch to DB2. The talent pool for DB2 seems to be more robust than for the other DB.

Ed