On Sun, 20 Aug 2006 16:24:44 -0300 "Shmuel Metz (Seymour J.)"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

:>In <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, on 08/19/2006
:>   at 08:28 PM, john gilmore <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

:>>I have not exploited these weaknesses for fun or profit,

:>I have, but that was before MODESET provided a cleaner and supported
:>way to get into key zero. I've also APARed those weaknesses that I
:>discovered.

:>         05F0
:>         0A0C

:>>but I cannot as a practical matter spend time writing up a PMR every
:>> time I identify a possible security flaw.

:>Why? How often do ou encounter them? Once a decade? Less?

:>>That is not my job.

:>Are you responsible for keeping your system up? Isn't it your job to
:>correct a problem capable of taking your system down?

:>>'Decent obscurity' makes some things unavailable, or at least very
:>>much more difficult of access, to the unlearned; and this is
:>>useful.

:>You're playing Russian Roulette with your system.

My guess is that he is supplying a touch of BS or he has some improperly
installed hooks, aka the JSCBAUTH SVC.

I remember in the past that I could find something like this on almost any
system. But it is not APARable as the installation is creating the integrity
hole.

--
Binyamin Dissen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://www.dissensoftware.com