Hi Bob, HSM Auditing is also included in T-REX (original developers of VSAM Mechanic/Catalog Solution). If you like, I can forward you a copy of the product to clean up your environment (just remove it when you are done). Best regards, Blair Svihra www.dino-software.com

Bob Henry wrote:

After doing several different audits I've discovered that my HSM database is a mess. I have Err 39, Err 41 and ERR 71 all over the place. I don't know what caused it yet, but the task now is to reconstruct the broken BCDS/OCDS. I can't go back to backup copies of the files and/or logs because they've rolled off a GDG. Are there any tools out there that can help with the reconstruction? Anyone have any suggestions where to start? Since I haven't received replys to some earlier HSM posts is there a better forum to direct this question?