>IMHO it's time to submit a requirement for SLIP proceesing of program
>objects. The stated requirement should be to provide a documented and
>supported way of providing an offset within a csect

Unfortunately, there is no information maintained within the loaded module
or program object that understands "CSECTs".
Therefore this is literally not possible to do unless you are willing to
have every LOAD done for your system (including LPA) load, and maintain,
all of the information that is on DASD but not necessary for the execution
of the program. Even if customers were willing to sacrifice the cycles and
the space (which seems very unlikely to me), the cost would be very large.

>Add an option to AMBLIST to produce a module-relative offset
>list of sections and entry points.

I certainly agree with this point.

One somewhat "difficult to solve" thing would be syntax to refer to the
different sections for a split-RMODE program object. That could be done,
though. I could conceive of
PVTMOD=(name,start-offset,end-offset,24|31|64)
where the 4th value's number refers to the RMODE of the section to be used.
"64" is just in case we ever do get around to supporting RMODE 64.

So in AMBLIST terms, you'd want information "per RMODE" and also "overall"
(if the program object could be loaded via LOAD with DE= and ADDR=, it
should get put into a single segment with the "lowest" RMODE).

Peter Relson
z/OS Core Technology Design