At 09:29 -0400 on 08/30/2006, Craddock, Chris wrote about Re: ISV Anchor Table:

The table is just a contiguous block of SQA allocated during IPL and is
(as far as I know) more than enough to accommodate all of the current
users. If the table needed to expand, I imagine IBM would deliver
service to do that and you might get involved in notifying your
customers that they need to apply said maintenance before running your
product. I've never seen it expand (yet) but I can't say for sure it
won't.

If I were doing it, I'd allocate a "reasonable" size table with room for expansion (ie: Empty Slots past the currently assigned slot number). A 4K table, has room for 1024 Slots/ISVs. Even a 1K table has room for 256 slots. Either 1K or 2K should be more than enough for the foreseeable future needs based on the 1 Slot per ISV method without the need to expand it via maintenance.