Unfortunately the physical drives in the box are only 4.5 GB.  Not
exactly state of the art...

Rex

> Just brought in 3 TB of z-series disk and if I did my math correct, 50

> MB cost me about $2.22 US.  OK, I know that doesn't count the cost of
> backups and all the incidental costs associated with it, but that
> needs to be compared against the cost of tape handling, making and
> keeping track of duplicates for D/R scenarios, etc.
>
> Powered off an ancient RVA yesterday.  Anybody want it?
>
> Rex

Rex,

I cannot afford it, but if we were to want to "dispose" of any of our
DASD, I'd likely try to salvage the drives. If SCSI, then you could use
them on a PC with the simple addition of a SCSI card. I am not aware of
how expensive a Fibre Channel HBA card is, so if the disks are FC or SSA
(is there an SSA card for a PC?), then this would likely not be cost
effective.