<snip>

> Not sure but I beleive that the Unix based ftp server may not support
> Unicode.  After you enter the UCs2 command what do you get?
> Do you know
> for sure that the Unix ftp server supports Unicode on file transfers?
>

> The code 40500 means that the ftp server is issuing the FTP
> return code
> 500.  Generally a code 500 means that something is wrong with the
> command.  Are you getting the 500 after the UCs2 or after the PUT.
>
> I just ftp'ed from z/OS to z/OS using the UCs2 option and it
> worked fine.

I also ran the Windows/XP client ftp to z/OS 1.6 server ftp and did a

QUOTE TYPE U 2

and got Unicode UTF-16 on the PC. With that 0xFFFE marker (0xFEFF on
Windows).

--
John McKown
Senior Systems Programmer

information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and its
content is protected by law.  If you are not the intended recipient, you
should delete this message and are hereby notified that any disclosure,
copying, or distribution of this transmission, or taking any action
based on it, is strictly prohibited.