On Mon, 4 Sep 2006 22:51:32 +0800 Johnny Luo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

:>Hi,
:>I'm writing an assembler program to list all active TSO user-ids in system
:>just as
:>an exercise.

:>I've followed the control block chain to the TSB. Now I need to extract the
:>user-id
:>from it but strangely I cannot find the description about TSB in MVS Data
:>Areas
:>manuals. I searched many places and just failed in vain.

IKJTSB maps it.

I am not aware of a userid field within it.

:>Can anyone tell me where to find it?

Unless you have a heavily modified system which doesn't use the userid as the
job name, get it from the CSCB.

:>I also noticed that TSB is fetch-protected which means my program must be
:>authorized to read it. However, I remember I once installed MXI software on
:>our company's Z/OS and there I definitely don't have the authority to
:>authorize
:>the MXI modules. But I can use MXI to list all active TSO users on our
:>system.
:>It works without authorization.

:>I just wonder how MXI did this.

The CSCB's.