From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf
Of Jon Brock
Sent: 01 September 2006 22:59
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: IPL intervals

I was thinking the same thing.  I have managed to avoid doing this (to
date), but we have had more than one operator activate/deactivate the wrong
image by mistake.

One of the times that z/OS (well, OS/390 at the time) and its associated
software impressed me the most was when an operator went to activate our
development LPAR and didn't notice that the icon for production was also
highlighted.  (There was no point in raking him out for it afterwards; he
was already well aware he had done a Bad Thing.)  We re-activated
production, restarted DB2, CICS, Datacom, etc. and everything came up,
backed out in-flight transactions, and recovered smoothly.  I would never
have believed it.  Sometimes it is brought home to you just how well some of
this stuff works.

Jon

<snip>
Even sysprogs, with a good night sleep, non-critical time, and second
cuppa joe in hand can (and do) hit the wrong button.
</snip>