I strongly recommend adding "WRITE" statements to your SMS routines.  Some
of the people on the list only use them when debugging a problem.  I put
them in and leave them in.  Basically my code stubs look like:

When (condition)
    Set
    Write
    Exit
End

Yes, applications & batch jobs see more messages but when they come to me
to debug an allocation problem, I can point to exactly where in the code
the file fell out and if I've chosen the variables to write wisely, I can
pretty easily say why.  And after a short time, they will learn to accept
a few more messages at allocation time.

I'd also strongly recommend that if you're going to work much with SMS
that you learn to use Naviquest and start building a library of Test
Cases.  I never delete old test cases.  At the risk of repeating myself,
learn how to test with Naviquest.  I've found it to be a very powerful
tool especially as I'm writing code to merge SMS code from different
companies.   Naviquest allows you to run large #'s of test cases against
your old routines and your new routines and then compare the test results
to show you where your results changed - all in batch, not foreground.

my $.02 worth -
ddk

This e-mail message and all attachments transmitted with it may contain legally
privileged and/or confidential information intended solely for the use of the
addressee(s). If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you
are hereby notified that any reading, dissemination, distribution, copying,
forwarding or other use of this message or its attachments is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the
sender immediately and delete this message and all copies and backups thereof.

Thank you.