-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of David Cole
Sent: Wednesday, September 13, 2006 1:17 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Non-SMP/e packaging
<snip>

For our product doing a RESTORE (and REJECT) is a trivial
inconvenience. Our canned maintenance JCL contains RESTORE, REJECT,
RECEIVE and APPLY, in that order. In other words, the process is
fully automated by a single job that runs, on most systems, in less
than one minute.

<snip>

Does this remind any one of the Automatic vs. Manual transmission
arguments of yesteryear?

If I don't have a clutch, and a shifter lever to horse around with while
turning the wheel, talking on a hand-held cell phone, fiddling with the
turn-signals, and adjusting the volume on the radio, I ain't happy. And
what are you gonna do with it when the battery dies? You can't push
start them automatics no more.

Later,
Steve Thompson