For some reason (that I have never understood), IBM treats this as for
"internal use only".  If you look at:

http://publibz.boulder.ibm.com/cgi-bin/bookmgr_OS390/BOOKS/ceea1170/2.2.3.4.
3

It says,
  "The FCB, FIB, and GMAREA are control blocks used for COBOL file
processing. These control blocks are dumped for IBM service personnel use."

I think many users have asked for IBM to provide a "layout" of these control
blocks but IBM (currently - not always in the past) treats it as "IBM
internal use only"

news:<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>...