On Thu, 28 Sep 2006 01:23:07 +0000, Ted MacNEIL wrote:

>Why does the compiler have to be APF'd?
>That's the way I have seen it at every shop I have worked at.

I don't recall having seen that at any account.  It would raise my eyebrows
for sure.

The ROT is to avoid APF unless there is a proven reason why your site
actually needs it.  Even then I spend time looking for alternatives before
adding a library to the APFLIST (PROGxx member).  The compiler itself isn't
marked AC=1 at your shop, is it??

Is the compiler library a part of an APF-required concatenation in some
other PROC?  (Do you allow compiles via CICS or something?)

--
Tom Schmidt
Madison, WI