I started the thread because I am setting up a zFS for z/OS 1.8.

I've got 3 mod nines with 450,045 tracks. Is this going to be big enough?

Alan

Brian Peterson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU>
09/28/2006 13:26
Please respond to
IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU>

IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
cc

Subject
Re: zFS Question

If you really mean 120,000 cylinders, you've got me beat by a lot.

If you meant 120,000 tracks, then the ZFS I created to hold my copy of
z/OS
1.7 downloaded from ShopzSeries is bigger:

DSLIST - Data Sets Matching userid
Command ===>

Command - Enter "/" to select action                  Tracks
         userid.ZFS.BIG
         userid.ZFS.BIG.DATA                          172500

As with any abend, specifics can help determine where the fault lies.
What's the abend code, return code, module name, error message?

Brian