On Friday, 10/06/2006 at 08:37 GMT, Ted MacNEIL <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> >OBVIOUSLY, MIPS is singluar, even it it isn't a noun.  It is an
adjective.

> Is it an adjective in the sentence:
>
> The processor is/has 200 MIPS?

[Sorry - I'm having too much fun to stop.]

"The processor has 200 million instructions per second."   Hmmm....very
existential....  While I can make that sentence mean something, it isn't
what you intended. The processor *has* MIPS, but it *executes* 200 million
instructions per second.  But it would never "execute 200 MIPS" - that's
just wrong on SO many levels.  Not to mention violent.

:-)  I'll be glad when Saturday gets here.

Alan Altmark
z/VM Development
IBM Endicott