Hallo to all,

  I am stumped with solving this space abend problem :

  IEC030I B37-04,IFG0554A,DFHSMC,DFHSMC,SYS00005,BD53,SBH124,HSM.MCDS
  CKUP.X0006033

  This is a backup of the MCDS created by a task submitted by the started task
DFHSM.  What it is trying to do is back up the MCDS on dasd.  It abend with a
B37.  I checked the volume and there is sufficient space available (1,020
tracks).  This dsn is SMS managed with GUARANTEE SPACE.   According to the
explanation it points that no space is available and no other volumes were
specified.  When I check the DSN it shows that it has reached 16 extents.  My
question is did the task abend because of insufficient space is on the volume
or is it because that insufficient space was allocated for this dsn.

                                                                       Tracks
 %Used XT  Device

  HSM.MCDS.BACKUP.X0006034                      34500  100  16  3390

  Thanks in advance.

  Thanks.