Insufficient space is allocated for the backup copies.

HSM dumps to pre-allocated datasets.

Delete and redefine all backup copies with the current size
as the primary allocation. Them force a backup with F DFHSM,BACKVOL CDS

You might also check the blocksize of the backups for 1/2 track
blocking.
HTH,

<snip>
  I am stumped with solving this space abend problem :

  IEC030I B37-04,IFG0554A,DFHSMC,DFHSMC,SYS00005,BD53,SBH124,HSM.MCDS
  CKUP.X0006033

</snip>