Mark wrote:
I have an ASM main task that establishes an ESTAE.

It then calls a COBOL subroutine (establishing an estae trap(on,nospie))
where it abends with an 0C4/11

LE calls the CEEBXITA routine and appears to process its recovery.

My asm ESTAE takes control and eventually returns back to the OS.

Then a minute later I get a dump for 0C4/11 in CEEBINIT.  The program
appears to have issued the SVC 13 to trigger this.

I don't seem to have access to the LE internals docs. But I'm guessing that
the CEEBINIT routine is doing nothing more than "re-issue" the original
abend so that the task abends with the original abend codes.

Does anyone have a clue whether or not I'm right?

Or is there something else going on that I need to look into?

There isn't a CEEDUMP file created. I do have the DD card in the batch region.

There are no LE return codes or messages that I can find.

Anyone care to wade into this and clear this up for me?

-Mark
More clarification.

The SVC 13 really means 0A0D.

The ASM ESTAE routine cleans up files, and percolates the abend up the chain.

I've created the CEEDUMP using the UADUMP option. It seems to know all about the original abend but doesn't shed any light on why the CEEBINIT program would issue the SVC Abend using what appears to be the original abend codes.

My google search isn't turning up any useful information.

Alternatively, anyone know how I might get access (temporary or whatever) to the license LE manuals?

-Mark

The LE recovery appears to complete its work and then issue the 0A0D abend in the CEEBINIT routine. My ASM based ESTAE then gets control.

With all due respect Tom, I'm not familiar with any IBM documentation that says I cannot or should not establish my own ESTAE recovery routines in and around LE based routines. I do not see this in the ASM manuals, nor have I seen this in the COBOL or LE manuals. If you have, please share the details so that I might read them and be corrected on this point.

Yes, I expect the LE ESTAE routine to handle LE recovery needs. But I have no reason to believe that LE ESTAE recovery contains code to manage my extra recovery needs. Hence the need for my own ESTAE environment.

-Mark