David Day wrote on 10/23/2006 01:00:09 PM:

> Since this is not an error situation, in the sense that there is an
> SDWA and such to be recorded and RTM2 area to look at, what do I
> tell the slip process to record such that I can go to the dump, and
> easily identify the task and PSW that is walking on a piece of
> storage?  The storage is in the private area of a multi-tasking
application.

SLIP considers the trapped context to the the equivalent of an "error
situation" for purposes of scheduling a system dump.  The task, PSW, and
registers are packaged as "entry to SLIP" data, and the dump title is
simply made "SLIP TRAP n" or something like that.  Some years back it was
realized that the dump title wasn't particularly informative, so SLIP also
makes the entire text of the trap available in the dump.  When the dump
reaches IPCS for dump analysis, you should be able to see most of the data
just mentioned in the inventory (title and first bytes of trap) or STATUS
REGS (PSW, registers, and task).  Even more selectivity is available using
symbols TCBCURRENT, REGGEN, REGCTL, PSW, and a few that I'm undoubtedly
forgetting at the moment.

Bob Wright - MVS Service Aids