-------------------------------<snip>------------------------

Yet one sector here simply assumes I've "blabbed" after an NDA

PKB.
It's been my experience that professionals who are willing to execute a NDA are downright fanatical about living up to their word. As a matter of pride and integrity. Most of us also respect IP rights and privileges with the same vigor.

I know that when I have an oppurtunity to use code that isn't mine and doesn't come from a public forum, like CBTTAPE, I make every effort to contact the author and/or owner to seek permission first. In every case, because I took the time, and the courtesy, to seek permission, it was granted, sometime with the caveat that I not share it. WHEN IN DOUBT, TRY ASKING!!