On Wed, 25 Oct 2006 08:31:37 -0500, Miller, Pat
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>From the SMP/E User's Guide:
>The SMPMTS data set contains macros from SYSMODs that are applied.
Therefore, the proper SYSLIB concatenation for APPLY processing includes
the SMPMTS data set, as is shown in Figure 35.

>   |   //* ------ Include SMPMTS first
>   |   //* ------ followed by all macro target libraries
>   |   //* ------ followed by all distribution
>   |   //*        libraries
>   |   //SYSLIB   DD  DSN=SYS1.SMPMTS,DISP=OLD
>   |   //         DD  DSN=SYS1.MACLIB,DISP=OLD
>   |   //         DD  DSN=SYS1.MODGEN,DISP=OLD
>
>Etc.
>
>Gee, can't understand how I could have misinterpreted THAT!  I shall
proceed to jigger the SYSLIB, now and in the future.  Thanks to all for the
assistance!

You should be using DDDEFs for all your allocations, not JCL.
The SYSLIB concatenation refers to other DDDEFs.

Tom Marchant